Friday, October 06, 2006

What time is it Mr. Wolf??

It's Lunch Time!!!

That seems to have been the theme for me at school this week.

First of all, I played 'What time is it Mr. Wolf?' multiple times in my 3rd and 4th grade classes (we're teaching 'time').

I've also had 3 special lunches this week.

Tuesday was 青空ランチ (blue sky lunch) -all the students and teachers took their lunch trays outside and we ate under a very blue sky!

Thursday was ミニミニ席替え All the 4th graders had gone on a field trip, so their luchroom seats were empty. Instead of leaving them this way, the school invited parents to come and fill the seats and have lunch with us!!

And finally today was お月見 (a moon viewing day) -we in Canada talk about 'the man in the moon' but in Japan they believe you can see rabbits. Tonight is a full moon, unfortunately it's been storming all day and evening, so there will be no lunar viewing enjoyment tonight. Despite this meteorological annoyance we were still able to partake in tsukimi (moon viewing) in the form of dessert today!



























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know..it's one of those things that you learn when you are a kid, but you never put any thought into...there are lots of (chinese/japanese) kids' stories about rabbits on the moon, but I never made the connection...that you can see "rabbit" shapes....cool.

Kirsten said...

I think the there is a Mayan folk tale about a rabbit in a moon too! At least that is what I remember from JHS.

I ate the same pudding today!

AND....you got a nude lunar viewing tonight, although not a very clear one!

Linea said...

I did get a lunar viewing!! Two full moons out in the storm last night. Both beautiful, I must say...

Kirsten said...

ha ha ha!!! very funny!