Tuesday, May 23, 2006

YKK Soccer Game



Sunday afternoon Johnny P, Lee and I took in a YKK soccer game.

YKK is the main industry in Kurobe city. Check your zipper...you're probably wearing YKK right now.

Anyway, the company is huge and they sponsor a Japan Football League team. They're pretty good, and almost moved up to the J-League last year (don't ask me what that really means, I don't understand soccer/football). It was a beautiful, sun-filled day. We got to sit with the cheering section. If you've never watched Japanese sports fans, you're missing out. It's full-on, non-stop noise for the entire game. We were given our own instuments to bang away on and bang away we did!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's Johnny P????? I thought I was Johnny P.

Linea said...

haha, he's your replacement!!

John's my neighbor. He showed up on my doorstep 2 years ago from Oregon. I decided to let him stay (haha, just kidding....ahem). He's staying a 3rd year...get your butt over here and meet him, he's a super cool guy (although he could never really replace YOU, my original Johnny P).

love ya!

Linea said...

oh by the way, I was flipping channels last night and caught Lee, John and I on TV. They were doing a feature on the cheering section for the YKK team.

That's about the 3rd time I've been on local TV. Probably one of the lowest number of times for a JET! haha.

Aidan said...

*checks zipper*

Wow! They are YKK as well! :D