Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's official

The papers were placed on my desk today - I'm staying another year.

As it was with the anticipation of becoming a JET Programme ALT (assisstant language teacher) the first time -the wait has been less than pleasant. I have limited patience as it is.

BUT, here I am , holding the official hankoed (stamped/signed) paper in my hand -my first reaction was, "Great, now I have to move..." -which is quite a ridiculous thought since I'd be moving even if I didn't get the job, just the location is slightly different.

I've got approximately 90 days left at Nyuzen High School. 2 more months of classes. The gears will be grinding, screeching, jamming as I switch from chatting about the latest J-pop band and secret boyfriends to chanting the A,B,Cs and 1,2,3s.

Here's a bit of a break down of how I'm feeling about some of changes I'll be making:

Pro: I'll be eating school lunch everyday.
Con: I'll be eating school lunch everday.

Pro: I have to move.
Con: I have to move.

Pro: I'll be teaching a new curriculum.
Con: I'll be teaching a new curriculum.

Pro: I'll be working with teachers who don't speak English.
Con: I'll be working with teachers who don't speak English.


My contract will begin at the beginning of August. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha...good luck! we know you are up to the challenge! you will do great with the elementary students...and how hard could moving be (how much stuff could you have possibly accumulated in three years?....hahahaha).
It is sad for us that you will be so far away for another year, but we are getting pretty busy now too..
big hugs
-M