Friday, March 17, 2006

Beijing: Day 2 - Lunch

So, after the Great Wall we were taken to this huge building where we were told we would be having lunch. But first we had to take a little tour of a crafts shop -I never knew or even thought about how some of this stuff was crafted, so it was actually quite interesting.

















After the short tour we had LUNCH!!!!!!
Basically it was a dim sum style eat fest with probably some of the best treats we got to taste on the trip!





































This was my favorite!! I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I think it was deep fried mochi with cinnamon in the middle. Oh so good. We left totally stuffed and completely satisfied!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what kinds of things did they make...i see vases...was it all pottery?
What is mochi?
I am enjoying the tour...and you are like my husband...you are enjoying giving me little pieces at a time to drive me crazy! Ha ha
lovin the tour
-M

Linea said...

not pottery -it was 'cloisonne'

check it out here: http://iweb.tntech.edu/cventura/Cloisonne.htm

mochi is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mochi