Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What I'm missing at home


My Aunt and Uncle have purchased an island on the eastern arm of the Great Slave Lake and invited everyone to come up for a fishing trip. So last weekend my parents and some other family members took a trip up to Northern Canada. Looks like everyone had a great time.














My parents drove up to Fort Resolution and then took a plane to my Uncle Sandy's island. It took two days and two nights to get there.


They spent the next 4 days fishing off the dock and out in boats on the water. Here are some photos from my Uncle Wes. Looks like I missed out on a fabulous trip!














My Dad, Uncle, cousins and Grandpa.























My Uncle, Dad, cousin and Mom


























My Grandpa and his big catch!!





















Noah and my Mom. It's a family tradition to whittle swords and knives and stuff out of wood when we go on camping trips. It was always the best souvenir we took home. Looks like my Mom is teaching the new generation!
















Mom and Noah.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have come to a conclusion in the last few weeks. This post merely confirms what I have been feeling. It all started when Kelly's parents told us about their houseboat vacation on Shuswap Lake in BC, complete with fresh-fried fish, a ski boat, hot tub under the stars and the whole works. I have wanted to explore the north for a while now. Those pics are great.

My conclusion is simple...

Canada kicks ass!

Colin

Anonymous said...

The hat Noah is wearing is his "lucky fishing hat". He picked it up at Auntie Betty's garage sale...she told him a story about it being her lucky hat for fishing so of course he insisted on taking it along. Wes says it must be lucky..your mom was wearing it when she caught the very first fish of the TRIP. And Noah said that on the last day out everyone was rubbing his hat for luck (not that you need any to catch fish in the east arm of GSL! I think they were hoping for the really big ones).
Oh ya...Noah says that it sure is easy to tell that Uncle Jerry and Uncle Sandy are brothers, and maybe they are even twins because they sure are the same! (Noah just does not get the teasing thing...can't figure out why they do it!)
Anyways...sounds like they had a good time.

Kirsten said...

what is your mom wearing in the last picture? It looks like she just landed after a space walk. :)

Linea said...

haha, I have no idea, i'm assuming it's to keep her warm -doesn't look like it'd help her float!!!


Mom? What are you wearing in that last photo??

Anonymous said...

The red outfit your mom is wearing is a survival suit...it is a dry suit with an entrained pfd...Wes figures there is even a snorkel on it that you can hook up to warm air or something...i think it came with the boat that Sandy bought from the RCMP.
Wes says that it kept her very warm and toasty on way back to camp (at midnight).
-M
(thought i would answer since your mom hadn't yet)