Sunday, June 18, 2006

Two more busy weekends

Last Saturday was a busy day. I went to Toyama in the afternoon and got a new tattoo! Chikako, a good friend from Nyuzen helped me make the appointment and then came with me to the studio. The place is quite famous in Japan -people from Osaka come to Toyama to get their Tattoos done. Here's the link to their studio: Gaman. Yes, they do Yakuza (Japanese 'mafia') tattoos. They were the friendliest bunch of people I've met in a while. We had a great afternoon in the studio. Thanks Chika for being there with me!









After the tattoo (an outline of my VW Thing -pics to come). Chika and I headed to Kirsten's house for a bake off!! I was a judge as Kirsten, Jimmy and Scott showed off their culinary skills in the sweets department. It was a wonderfully painful evening. I'll let the photos speak for themselves:











On Sunday I was up early and off to Kamiichi town for another day with the private English school that I help teach every couple of months. This time the theme was summer and as always, I had a fun time with the students.

In the afternoon Amy, Kirsten and I went for a bike ride and managed to make it into the next prefecture. You can read about it on my workout blog.

Yesterday I went to Takaoka to watch the annual ALT Charity Show. It was great as always! Jimmy stole the hearts off all with his Pavaroti performance. There was hip hop, penny whistles and belly dancing -all before the main event!









Today (Sunday) and, well, Father's Day I guess. Kirsten and I went for a short bike ride and then to the Nyuzen Festival where we must have said 'HALLO' at least 100 times to here CUTE CUTE students who were wandering around taking in the festivities.

Tonight's the second game for Japan in the world cup. I watched them get defeated last weekend -it was the first time I've ever watched a full soccer game...it' s just not my sport. But I'm trying to learn more! Really I am. But who can really give the World Cup any attention when the OILERS ARE GOING TO THE SEVENTH GAME OF THE STANLEY CUP.

C'MON PEOPLE, GET YOUR PRIORTIES STRAIGHT!!!!

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

Last night's game isn't representative of what soccer can be! I promise. Wait till the Brazil game! That should be FUN!!

Next time we have a baking/cooking contest, I think you should cook and I'll be a judge!!! :)

You can enter the fab cookies you made last night! yummy

Kirsten said...

oh, and......


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR RINEA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

yippee! I love bdays!

Anonymous said...

We did also watch some of the soccer...Korea vs. France. It's a little slow after watching hockey finals. We watched some rugby in S Africa and i have to admit I enjoyed that more...too much standing around in soccer and too much "acting". Ahh well...maybe if we grew up with it...

Anonymous said...

oh...i was going to say...WHAT??? this from the girl who used to watch 5 pin bowling on TV?

bruce said...

Hey there.. I was googling for info on Nyuzen and your blog popped up.

I'm working in a ski lodge in Hakuba, and thinking of hitching down to Nyuzen for a day because there is a parking area on the highway there and it looks like a beautiful area.

Sorry for abusing your comments box this way, but do you know of anywhere in or around Nyuzen I could rent a bicycle for a day?