Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Kanazawa Relay Marathon

This past Sunday I participated in my second relay marathon in Japan. After the first lap I had flashbacks of the first relay marathon and immediately began to regret putting myself in this torturous position again.

Thanks to the beautiful and talented Amber-chan we (Toyama JETs and friends) entered 3 teams this year. Johnny and I caught the train from Nyuzen to Toyama, met up with more team memebers and took the hour-long bus to Kanazawa in Ishikawa prefecture.

The race was held at the castle grounds and there were already hundreds of people wandering around, setting up their teams, warming up with scrawny Japanese aerobics instructors to the beats of "Oh Mickey, you're so fine...".


Like I said, my first lap felt terrible -I had been out dancing at the Colare Disco Party the night before (another fundraiser for Amy-chan's BEE Ride), but the atmosphere at events like this doesn't allow one to focus on the running part. There's too much craziness to be had!!!



















Thanks to Jimmy and Dan for some of the photos.

No comments: