Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Back to School

The second semester is just starting up here in Japan. The kids have been out of class since the end of July -that doesn't mean they haven't come to school, it just means there have been no classes. They come to school to use the pool and the baseball/soccer fields. They have been preparing for sports day which will be coming up on the 15th. And they have been cleaning the schools in preparation for the new semester.
I will be starting this semester at two new schools. Both are near my new apartment. The elementary school is a 3min walk from door to door. It's brand new with an open school concept - a very beautiful building. Unfortunately I only go there once a week. The junior high school is a 30 min walk (or 10 on my bike) and I'll be there one and a half days a week.
I have one other elementary school that I will continue teaching at -Taie. It's a tiny school, but is the 'model' school for the new English program the city has created.
Lessons start tomorrow. I thought I'd be more excited, but my summer just seemed to be picking up! Oh well. I'm giving myself a holiday starting on the 15th. Can't wait!

No comments: