Monday, June 04, 2007

I hate for it to be this way, but I told you so.

This is my number 1 pet peeve in this country: Children don't sit in child seats or even wear seat belts. I've seen children pretty much everywhere in a vehicle but sitting and strapped in. I've seen them standing on the back seat leaning over the driver to see out the window. I've seen them hanging out of side windows. I've seen them on the driver's lap and even standing behind the driver in the driver's seat! And I see it DAILY. I've asked parents that I know why they don't strap their children in. I have been told that in the city it's not mandatory to wear a seat belt in the back seat...so???? They also can't move around when they are strapped in....so???? In a country that is FULL of cars driven bumper to bumper, the last thing I would do is not secure my children in the car for fear of a fender bender.

Perhaps this latest incident will snap some people back to their senses:
4 year old girl dies after being thrown from a car...

No comments: