Monday, November 13, 2006

Thar's snow in them thar mount'ns

It's coming, creeping slowly down one peak at a time, spreading it's pure white goodness...

Soon it will be on our doorsteps. OK, it'll be another month, but I can see it coming!!!

I went for dinner with my friends Kaz and Ai last night -we were discussing their upcoming wedding and my role in it. I get to do the KAMPAI (toast)! Yay. I'm not sure what I'm going to say yet, but what ever it is, it'll be mostly in Japanese.

But I digress -the point is that Ai-chan (being the great friend that she is) was kind enough to tell me that she and another friend are going snowboarding THIS WEEK!!!!!!!

GAH! Nice friend, ne? She had to rub it in by telling me that Kaz bought her all new boarding gear for her b-day. GAH!

Nice friend indeed, she told me she model the new duds from ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN.

I told her this wasn't something she should be rubbing in - I haven't written the speech yet....


Have fun Ai-chan, but be careful. You have to walk down the aisle in 4 weeks time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have tons of snow so far this year! We bought the kids goggles and now they are unstoppable on the sliding hills! Noah especially enjoys it. Are you going to make it to the mountains while you are home?

Anonymous said...

There's no snow here yet in Toronto, but the weather is like it should be snowing. I can't wait to go snowboarding as well. Too bad there are no seasonal rentals here like they do in Toyama.

-Jimmy

Linea said...

Fav Aunt:

Yes! That's the plan. Buy a new board and hit the slopes. I've got to show those brothers of mine what I can do (they've never seen me snowboard).



Jimmy-san:

No more seasonal rentals for me! I'll have my own gear this year.

If I ever move home again you'll have to come west for some real action!

Anonymous said...

hey girlie!

Marmot Basin in Jasper is opening this weekend...more snow than they have seen in 29 years this early in the season! Temps are supposed to be highs of +3 to +6 and lows of -7 to -10. I haven't heard about Banff yet.
(just to get you more excited about coming home!)
-M