Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Catching up

There will come a time when I will eventually catch up on this blog. I have yet to post my summer vacation, my latest VW event or my sports day experiences. I will try to do so soon!

In the mean time, here's a list of short but sweet moments I've had lately:

1. While I was home this summer, a fellow VW driver in Nyuzen stopped by my apt with his Beetle and took some photos of the two of them (my Beetle and his) side by side. When I returned to Nyuzen he dropped of a picture for me and a copy of "Herbie the Love Bug" for me to watch!

2. While sitting alone on the beach enjoying a book and the sunset I was invited by a couple of Japanese boys to help them set off some fireworks when the sun went down. Such a simple gesture of kindness and hospitality.

3. Dinner and a movie with my neighbors - twice this month!! A rare treat!

4. Being asked by one of my students to be a judge during sports day.

5. Recieving omiyage (souvenirs) from one of my students from his school trip to Tokyo.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Yatta!! The neighborhood dinners were really fun! Let's enjoy neighbors more this year!!!!